Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Get over yourself, PLEASE.

Dude, what is up with all the sensitive people in the world??? Im talking about being made fun of. With the exception of like your face - and things you cant change (lazy eye, wooden leg, etc.) WHAT IS EVERYONES PROBLEM. We all get made fun of all the time. I think I understand a little bit, that whole concept of "Behind every joke, there is truth." Yes, thats totally true. So when someone makes fun of you, or your lame personality...yeah, I'm sure a small part of that joke has truth in it. And you know what determines just how lame you are??? Your reaction. I bet, if someone said you were obnoxious (and it was true, and it probably is) and you didnt get all, well, obnxious about it - the person in front of you would think you were exponentially less obnoxious and maybe even a little bit cooler.

It's like people get all sensitive at the truth behind the joke. Why? If you someones calling you a skank, its probably because you're skanky, if someones calling you dumb, its probably because you're a little bit dumb, if someones calling you a lesbian...well, that happens to me all the time and I'm not really a lesbian, so I guess that joke is the exception - not the rule. My point is, if people are making fun of you for something that they see as a little bit true, you see as a little bit true, AND it bothers you, THEN STOP WHINING AND FIX IT. People make fun of me for being rude all the time, and guess what? I CAN BE RUDE SOMETIMES. Do I cry about what a sweetheart I am all the time? Am I confused as to why people think I can be insensitive? No, because its true, I can be very inappropriately insensitive. My options are to laugh at jokes that come my way, or STOP BEING RUDE. I do not have the option, however, to continue being rude, and get annoyed when people call me out on it. GET OVER YOURSELF.

The worst part of this is when the jokes are really funny, and people get all sensitivo. Get over yourself for a second, if for no other reason than to just appreciate the wit and pure humor. Some people are just really clever. Listen, you could make fun of me for days, maybe its not my favorite thing in the world, but I can definitely take a second to appreciate the joke, and then weep bitterly, alone, in the dark, face down about it later. Sensitive people are so irritating. Like I said, unless its a joke about something you really have no control over, something you cant possibly change, (you really are developmentally delayed, you're missing a limb, etc.) then shutup and laugh. LAUGH. Either fix yourself, or just appreciate a good joke when you hear it. No one likes a sensitive jerk...you just suck the fun out of everything.

On the flip side, I just want to give a quick thanks to the people who can not only make great jokes about other people, but also laugh at themselves. Lifes too short to be so concerned with what people think about you (unless you're a skank, seriously, put some clothes on.) And I appreciate people that can joke with me, and that I can joke with. Everyone needs to learn how to just take a hit, and roll with the punches, you're not any better, more special, or more off limits than anyone else.

1 comment:

chreez said...

This blog probably sounded better in your head.... Just kidding! Lol don't get all sensitive now! Lollol yea people need to relax and not take themselves so seriously to begin with, especially Egyptians. Yea I said it. The vast majority are SHOT! Especially the ones who think they're too cool for other Egyptians.. Like "listen sister, you're eyes clearly aren't really blue and everyone knows you're family is new money lol