Tuesday, November 30, 2010

There are no dumb questions, only dumb people

Good morning!

Aside from getting totally lost in my native land this morning, I'm having a great morning - and I hope you are too! Todays topic is dumb people, or dumb questions? I think it's dumb people. Dumb questions, sure, they happen, but they come from people - so, I'm right.


What is it about these dumb people who ask dumb questions? I don't feel like people are just born dumb, I think a lot of effort goes into it. I think dumb people are just lazy, and that takes work. How many times has someone asked you a dumb question and you just thought "if you had just taken one more step in your teeny, tiny, peanut head, you could have avoided interrupting my snack." I know, I've thought it too. Why is it that people feel the need to ask, before attempting to even THINK of a solution. Literally, all you need to do is take it one step further. Or even worse, is the people who stop you, ask their dumb question, and then answer it before you can! "Hey, how do I turn on the light?" " Oh you-" "Oh, theres the light switch..." If you would have taken literally 7 seconds to not blink and look directly in front of you, you could have spared me the frustration. Or the people who ask the same question over and over??? WRITE IT DOWN, we've been over this. ORRRRR the people who ask questions, whose answers will have less than 0 affect on their lives. "Oh, you went to Rita's party? That's great, what kind of food did they have? What was her sister wearing? Who was there?" What does it matter? Who cares??? Its all useless conversation for people who are bored, and cannot stand to be in their own heads any longer than is absolutely necessary. On the one hand, I cant blame them, because I wouldn't wanna try and squeeze in there either, but comon!

We could save a lot of time, energy, and frustration if we all took 4 seconds to just think before we speak, and before we start asking random questions - especially once we realize we don't even care about the answers!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha uh oh..im guilty of this :P